Careers in Independent Schools
- The Episcopal School of Dallas
Independent schools seek intelligent, educated, idealistic, and highly motivated faculty, staff, and administrators. Interested candidates can expect to enjoy a strong professional teaching experience, engaged students, small manageable classes, competitive salaries, and attractive benefits packages. Enjoy exploring the opportunities currently available in the Southwest.
- determine their own missions and are mission-driven
- have a clearly stated educational philosophy which is academic in nature
- are committed to high educational standards
- are governed by a board of trustees
- comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws
- practice non-discriminatory policies
- demonstrate good faith efforts to diversify the student body, faculty, and staff
- earn and sustain accreditation from state and regional organizations such as Independent Schools Association of the Southwest
- are supported primarily by tuition, charitable contributions, and endowment income rather than by taxes or church funds.
- are incorporated as 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- offer prospective teachers a wide range of geographic and cultural choices
- are, most importantly, seeking the very best teachers